Are you planning to study Linguistic degree course? Do you want to know the benefits of a this course? Do you want to know what Linguistics is? Then you are at the right place!
Linguistics is not a popular course. People who generally study this subject are curious about the idea of language. Curiosity is the best motivator for studying a subject like Linguistic. If you are curious about why we use certain words in our language then this subject is made for you!
What is Linguistic?
Linguistic is a study that involves understanding human languages. It is the scientific study of languages. Generally, people mistake a linguist for a person who knows several languages. However, a linguist is a person who knows why we say certain words in a language. But yes, most linguists do know many languages. However, it is not necessary to know many languages to study Linguistic. It is also a very important component of Communication studies.
Some of the sub-fields of Linguistic are as follows:-
- Phonetics (Study of sound production)
- phonology (the study of sound patterns)
- morphology (Study of meaningful structuring of words)
- syntax (Study of sentence structure in a language)
- semantics (the study of meaning in all aspect)
- pragmatics (the study of language contexts)
What Are The Things You Will Learn Under This Course?
It is a vast subject and covers a wide range of topics. But here are some of the topics:-
- What is Linguistic?
- History of Linguistic
- Branches of Linguistic
- International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Language development
- Metaphor study
- History of specific language
- Language origins and evolution
What Skills Would You Acquire With A This Course?
Once you complete your Linguistic course you will acquire a number of skills. These skills would not only help you in your career but also in your day to day life. Some of the skills are:-
- Ability to understand people better by the way they speak
- Speak and write several languages
- Better communication skills
- Better vocabulary
- Ability to understand and use the words and sentences to attract more readership.
- Excellent Researching skills
What Are The Career Options
There is a growing need for people who are highly skilled in Communication. This is an era of Social media. Social media is a place where everything is based on Communication. So, there is a high demand for skilled communicators nowadays. Therefore, with a Linguistic Degree, one can easily get employed in fields like:-
- News Media
- Public Relations
- Entertainment Media
- IT and telecommunication
- Business, Marketing, and HR
- Accountancy and Law
So if you think you have the interest to learn the science of language and communication and how it affects different people then this is the right subject for you!